Thursday, January 7, 2010

I designed my invitation!

Okay I think it's time for me to start keeping a design portfolio. I nailed down my invitation design (created it myself, down to my very own background pattern in photoshop thank you very much) today! I'll probably go back and redo my Save the Dates to fit into this same style too. But I'm saving those other save the dates I made. I like them.

I got my inspiration for these invites from the nostalgic, old-fashioned labels I'll be using for the candy at the reception, so it's already more appropriate to what theme I'm going with!


The picture doesn't show the colors well but the polka dots and the text are the same color, so it's a 2-color invitation. I'm not sure if I'm going to build my own letterpress or not yet, but just in case I want to go that route I can do this in black and white too. I'm in love with it. I may tweak it in the next few months, but for a single day's work building this and getting the wording down from scratch, I'm thinking not bad. If anyone wants to use this design for their own wedding, please message me, I'd love to see my designs get out into the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment